Difference Between PVC, PE and POF Shrink Film
This blog is designed to help you understand the different uses and characteristics of PE shrink film , PE shrink film and POF shrink film to help you determine the best shrink wrap film for your business and products. Each type of shrink film is co-extruded and can be made in a variety of shapes, making it ideal for unusually shaped objects, and can have tear-resistant protection added. We'll detail the characteristics of these three main types below to help you make the right choice.
What do these three main shrink film materials have in common?
PVC, PE and POF shrink films are all highly transparent, highly stretchable, easy-to-shrink plastic film. Their commonalities include:
1. shrink performance: PVC, PE and POF shrink films all have strong shrink performance and can be heated to shrink into tighter packages, improving the stability and aesthetics of the packaged goods.
2. waterproof performance: these shrink films have good waterproof performance, which can effectively protect the packaging products.
3. Corrosion resistance: PVC, PE and POF shrink films all have good corrosion resistance, which protects the packaged goods from damage caused by moisture, dust, oxidation and other environmental factors.
4. Transparency: These shrink films have good transparency, which allows consumers to see the packaged goods, improving the display of goods and increasing the shopping pleasure.
5. Health and environmental protection: These shrink films are produced with healthy and environmentally friendly raw materials that do not negatively affect the human body and the environment.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of PVC shrink film?
The advantages of PVC shrink film are:
1. High durability: PVC shrink film has good abrasion and tear resistance and is not easily damaged, thus protecting the product well.
2. Easy to seal: PVC shrink film is very easy to seal during use, and only needs to be heated by heat sealing machines to complete the sealing process.
3. High shrinkage: Since PVC shrink film shrinks more, it can better surround the packaged items and make them more tightly packed together.
4. Low price: Compared to POF and PE shrink film, PVC shrink film is relatively low priced and suitable for mass production.
The disadvantages of PVC shrink film are:
1. environmental impact: During the production process, chemicals harmful to the environment are produced, and PVC may be decomposed into toxic components, which has a certain impact on the environment.
2. Temperature sensitivity: Because of the wide range of shrinkage during the heating process, it is easy to deform at high temperatures, so it needs to be controlled during production and use.
3. Flammability: PVC shrink film has high flammability, so it needs to pay attention to fire prevention measures, and to do fire safety.
4. Very poor recyclability: PVC shrink film is not easy to recycle, so it may cause some pollution to the environment after use, and is not easy to explain.Only POF shrink film is the best recycled shrink film.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of POF shrink film?
Polyolefin (POF) shrink film is a pof heat shrinkable film material that is mainly made of two materials, polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE), which are co-blended and processed. The following is a categorized discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of POF shrink film:
POF shrink film advantages
1. Environmental protection: POF shrink film does not release toxic gases, in line with environmental requirements.
2. Transparency: POF's high transparency makes the product appearance more beautiful and can enhance the product's sense of class.
3. Shrinkage performance: POF has good shrinkage performance, can be close to the shape of the product, improve the packaging effect.
4. Processability: POF shrink film is easy to process, can be used in a variety of packaging equipment to improve packaging efficiency.
5. Cold resistance: POF still maintains good flexibility in low temperature environment, suitable for freezing or low temperature environment of product packaging.
6. Tensile strength: POF shrink film has a high tensile strength, can guarantee the safety of product packaging.
7. anti-static film: POF has a certain amount of anti-static, which is conducive to the packaging process of dust, scratch resistance and other aspects of performance.
POF shrink film disadvantages
1. Cost: compared with other shrink film materials (such as PVC shrink film), the production cost of POF is higher.
2. Shrinkage temperature: POF shrink film requires a higher shrinkage temperature, the packaging process requires adjustment of equipment parameters, increasing energy consumption.
3. Airtightness: POF shrink film is not as airtight as some other plastic materials, which may affect the shelf life of the product.
4. Heat resistance: POF shrink film is easily deformed in high-temperature environments, so it is not suitable for packaging products in high-temperature environments.
Although polyolefin (POF) shrink film has certain disadvantages in terms of cost, shrinkage temperature, air tightness and heat resistance, it is still widely used due to its environmental protection, transparency, shrinkage performance, processability, cold resistance, tensile strength and anti-static properties. POF shrink film is an ideal choice for products that require consideration of packaging environmental protection, display effect and packaging safety.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of polyethylene shrink film?
Polyethylene(PE) shrink film is a common packaging material that has many advantages and disadvantages. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of polyethylene shrink film separately.
good transparency: polyethylene shrink film has a high degree of transparency, which can highlight the sense of quality of goods, making the product appearance more attractive.
safe and non-toxic: polyethylene shrink film is an environmentally friendly material that does not produce toxic substances during processing and can directly contact sensitive products such as food.
High energy efficiency: polyethylene shrink film has a faster shrink speed, which saves energy in the packaging process compared to other shrink films.
Good tear resistance: polyethylene shrink film has excellent tensile and tear resistance, which can protect products from abrasion and extrusion.
Relatively low price: Compared with other similar materials, polyethylene shrink film is less expensive, which helps to reduce production costs.
poor heat sealability: polyethylene shrink film is not easy to heat seal, the seal quality is relatively low, which may affect the packaging effect.
Hard to the touch: Compared to other materials, polyethylene shrink film is hard to the touch and may not be suitable for products that are soft or need to retain their shape.
High temperature control requirements: polyethylene shrink film requires high shrinkage temperature, and poor temperature control can lead to shrink film breakage and affect the packaging effect.
Poor heat resistance: polyethylene shrink film is easily deformed in high temperature environments, reducing service life.
sensitive to UV and climate change: polyethylene shrink film is sensitive to UV and climate change, and prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause aging.
These advantages and disadvantages make polyethylene shrink film suitable for a wide variety of products packaging, but also need to choose whether to use this packaging material according to the characteristics of goods.
PVC, PE and POF shrink film in material and production process and parameters
|Material||PVC Shrink Film||Polyethylene (PE) Shrink Film||Polyolefin (POF) Shrink Film|
|Composition||Vinyl chloride and additives||Ethylene||Ethylene and propylene|
|Environmental Friendliness||Poor||Good||Very Good|
|Manufacturing Process||PVC Shrink Film||Polyethylene (PE) Shrink Film||Polyolefin (POF) Shrink Film|
|Production Method||Requires heating and rolling||Extruded without heat||Extruded without heat|
|Finished Appearance||High transparency||Average transparency||High transparency|
|Parameters||PVC Shrink Film||Polyethylene (PE) Shrink Film||Polyolefin (POF) Shrink Film|
|Thickness||15-50 microns||30-100 microns||10-30 microns|
|Shrinkage Speed||Slow||Fast||Very Fast|
|Thermal Shrinkage Performance||High||Good||Very Good|
In which industries are PVC, PE and POF shrink films suitable for use?
|Shrink Film Type||Common Industries||Properties|
|PVC Shrink Film|
CD/DVD packaging Tobacco packagin
g Food packaging (meat, cheese, confectionery)
|High transparency Not environmentally friendly|
|Polyethylene (PE) Shrink Film||Consumer goods packaging Industrial goods packaging Food packaging||Good tear resistance and puncture resistance Versatile More environmentally friendly than PVC|
|Polyolefin (POF) Shrink Film||Food packaging Cosmetics packaging Pharmaceuticals packaging Consumer goods packaging||Fast shrinkage rate Environmentally friendly Recyclable & non-toxic|