What is plastic shrink film?
Plastic shrink film is a type of packaging material used for wrapping and transporting products. It has many advantages and is a transparent plastic film with high abrasion and tear resistance. This material can be heated with hot air to tightly adhere to the product being packaged, and the transparent film can also provide functions such as moisture-proof and dust-proof. The most common types of plastic shrink film on the market include PVC shrink film, POF shrink film, and PE shrink film.
Manufacturing of plastic shrink film
Plastic shrink film is usually composed of PE material, which is polyethylene. This material has high strength and can be melted into pellets during the manufacturing process. The pellets are then extruded into a thin film and other substances can be added according to the requirements, such as antioxidants, UV absorbers, and pigments, to improve its additional characteristics. Therefore, there are many different types of shrink film on the market, such as UV-resistant shrink film, radiation-resistant shrink film, pizza shrink film, and more.
Characteristics of plastic shrink film
Plastic shrink film generally has the following characteristics: transparency, abrasion resistance, shrinkage, moisture-proof, dust-proof, and UV resistance. Here are more detailed descriptions of each characteristic:
- Transparency: Plastic shrink film is a transparent film that allows clear visibility of the contents inside the packaging.
- Abrasion resistance: Plastic shrink film has high abrasion and tear resistance, providing excellent protection for the packaged product.
- Shrinkage: Plastic shrink film can be heated to shrink and tightly wrap around the packaged product, forming a tight outer shell.
- Moisture-proof: Plastic shrink film can prevent the packaged product from getting damp and maintain its quality.
- Dust-proof: Plastic shrink film can prevent the packaged product from being affected by dust and other pollutants.
- UV resistance: Plastic shrink film can prevent the packaged product from being affected by UV rays, extending its lifespan.
Applications of plastic shrink film
Plastic shrink film is widely used in several fields, including:
- Food packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various foods such as pre-made meals, enhancing transparency for better display of the food.
- Beverage packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various beverages such as bottled water, juice, and carbonated drinks. It can maintain the freshness and taste of the beverage.
- Medicine packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various medicines and medical devices. It can maintain the quality and purity of the medicine, preventing contamination and oxidation.
- Personal care product packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various personal care products such as shampoo, shower gel, and cosmetics. It can protect the quality and appearance of the product.
- Industrial packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various industrial products such as machinery parts, electronics, and automotive parts. It can prevent the product from being contaminated or damaged and maintain its quality and integrity.
- Sports event gift packaging: Plastic shrink film is used for packaging various sports event gifts such as trophies, medals, and commemorative items. It can protect the quality and integrity of the gift and enhance its appearance.
How to use plastic shrink film
The use of plastic shrink film is relatively simple, and the general usage steps are:
- Place the product into the plastic shrink film.
- Use a heat gun or heat shrink machine to heat the plastic shrink film, causing it to shrink and tightly wrap around the packaged product.
- Check whether the product and plastic shrink film are tightly adhered and if there are any leaks or openings.
Environmental issues with plastic shrink film
Despite the many advantages of plastic shrink film, it also has some environmental issues. Plastic shrink film is usually disposable and can easily accumulate waste. If not properly disposed of, it can cause pollution and harm to the environment. Therefore, we should try to minimize the use of plastic shrink film and properly dispose of waste.
Plastic shrink film generally refers to PE shrink film, PVC shrink film, POF shrink film, and other types used for packaging and transporting products. They have many advantages and can be used in various fields such as food, beverage, medicine, and personal care product packaging. However, environmental factors should also be considered during use, and if it is harmful to the environment and not conducive to recycling, it is best to choose carefully.