What is polyolefin shrink film made of?
Polyolefin shrink film is made from polypropylene and polyethylene. This type of film is used for packaging and wrapping purposes and has a wide range of applications. This material is commonly referred to as POF (Polyolefin) Heat Shrink Film. It can be used for packaging food, eggs, pizzas, and daily commodities, among others. The material has a broad range of uses, is environmentally friendly and reliable, and offers various functionalities and advantages.
Advantages of polyolefin shrink film:
Polyolefin has several advantages, such as high transparency, excellent heat shrinkability without requiring high temperatures, good tear strength to prevent packaging damage, corrosion resistance, and wear resistance to maintain protection. Here are the advantages:
1. High transparency: Polyolefin shrink film has excellent transparency, allowing the appearance and texture of the packaged items to be showcased, enhancing product appeal.
2. Excellent heat shrinkability: Polyolefin shrink film quickly shrinks when heated, adapting to different shapes of packaging items and forming tight packaging to protect products from external environmental influences.
3. Good tear strength: Polyolefin shrink film has high tear strength, effectively preventing damage and leakage during transportation and handling.
4. Wear resistance and chemical resistance: Polyolefin shrink film exhibits good wear resistance and chemical resistance, ensuring the integrity and stability of the packaging.
5. Environmentally friendly and recyclable: Polyolefin shrink film is an eco-friendly material that can be recycled, reducing its impact on the environment.
Manufacturing process of polyolefin:
The manufacturing process of polyolefin involves six steps, which are challenging in the industry and require a significant amount of manufacturing machinery and skilled personnel to produce qualified polyolefin shrink film. Polypropylene and polyethylene resins are mixed in a specific ratio and extruded into a film. After cooling, the film undergoes stretching and orientation processing to significantly enhance shrinkage performance and physical strength. Finally, the film is cut and wound to produce finished products, which can be made into various sizes of POF shrink film for packaging purposes such as pizzas, fruits, and product transportation.
Applications of polyolefin shrink film:
Polyolefin shrink film is widely used in various packaging fields, including food, beverages, cosmetics, stationery, and daily commodities. It can be used for packaging individual products as well as collective packaging of multiple products, such as bottled beverages, canned foods, and cosmetic gift boxes. Polyolefin shrink film is applied to packaging materials using heat shrink machinery, creating tight packaging that provides protection against dust, moisture, impact, and enhances product display effects and brand image.
The quality of raw materials for polyolefin shrink film is crucial. If food-grade film is required, high-purity raw materials are necessary, and the production process needs to be carried out in a dust-free workshop with strict hygiene standards. When selecting a POF film manufacturer, it is important to review workshop images, cleanliness, and the necessary certification to choose a reliable and recognized manufacturer of POF shrink film.