As a manufacturer of POF shrink film and polyolefin shrink film, we are committed to providing high-quality, reliable, and cost-effective products to meet the needs of different industries. In this article, I will provide a detailed description of the characteristics, advantages, and application fields of our POF shrink film and polyolefin shrink film. Our POF shrink film comes in different sizes and thickness specifications. Please consult our sales representative for details.
We provide customized production, OEM/ODM.
(Poly-ole-fin) is a polymer compound consisting of carbon and hydrogen; the root word olefin refers to any member of the olefin family. An olefin is an unsaturated compound that contains at least one double carbon bond. Ethylenes are one of the most common olefins. They are composed of the monomers ethylene (C2H4) and propylene (C3H6). Polyolefins include polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polybutylene (PB). They are characterized by low density, good corrosion resistance, high malleability, and exceptional heat resistance. Polyolefins are used in a variety of industries, including food packaging, automotive, cosmetics, adhesives, packaging, etc. Polyolefin shrink film is the most common form of polyolefin used in the packaging industry.
Polyolefin shrink packaging offers many advantages over PVC shrink packaging. In recent years, polyolefins have become the shrink material of choice for most shrink packaging applications. Our polyolefin shrink films are FDA approved for direct food contact.
More details on POF can be found on Wikipedia.
Yes, POF shrink wrap and POF shrink film are essentially the same thing. They both refer to a type of heat-shrinkable film made from polyolefin (POF) that is used for packaging various products such as food, cosmetics, stationery, and more.
POF shrink film has a density range of 0.91 to 0.93 g/cm³, which makes it relatively lightweight compared to other types of plastic film. Its low density allows it to be easily stretched and shaped around objects, making it ideal for wrapping irregularly shaped products. The thickness of the film can affect its density and high performance film have characteristics, such as its ability to withstand tearing or puncturing. Despite variations in density, POF shrink film is commonly used in industries such as food and beverage, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals due to its excellent clarity, seal strength, and resistance to moisture and punctures.
The raw material used for POF shrink film is polyolefin, which is an important type of thermoplastic plastic material primarily composed of olefin monomers. This material has several advantages over polyethylene (PE), making POF (polyolefin) highly suitable for use as shrink film. It features high transparency and the ability to tightly wrap objects, providing excellent protection and display effects.
Colored POF shrink films are available in various colors such as red, blue, green, yellow, and more. They are classified based on individual colors. However, POF shrink films can also be categorized into translucent shrink films, transparent shrink films, and gradient-colored POF shrink films. The gradient-colored films exhibit a gradual transition of colors. Transparent POF shrink films are typically colorless.
Polyolefin is an important polymer material that can be used in the following industries:
Packaging industry: Polyolefin can be used in packaging materials for food, medicine, and daily necessities, such as plastic film, cling film, foam box, fruit packaging film, noodle film, egg packaging film, etc.
Textile industry: polyolefin can be used in textile manufacturing, such as washcloths, slippers, cloth shoes, etc.
Construction industry: polyolefin can be used for impermeable, waterproof, heat insulation and other construction materials, such as waterproof membranes, insulation materials, etc.
Medical industry: polyolefin can be used in the manufacture of medical dressings, infusion bags, medical equipment, etc.
Automobile industry: polyolefin can be used to manufacture hoods, front windshields, doors, and other structural parts, and can also be used for automobile interior parts.
Electronic industry: polyolefin can be used in the manufacture of battery shells, conductive plastics, cable sheaths, and other materials.
"Biodegradable POF shrink film" is a biodegradable POF shrink film. It is made of materials such as polypropylene (PP) and polylactic acid (PLA), which can be decomposed into the natural environment to reduce environmental pollution. It has the same advantages as traditional POF shrink film, such as high transparency, high shrinkage, and tear resistance.
Biodegradable POF shrink film is a sustainable alternative to traditional POF shrink film, providing the same benefits while reducing the environmental impact. Companies like ZhongDa are leading the way in developing and producing this type of film, helping to promote more eco-friendly packaging practices.
PVC and polyolefin shrink wrap are primarily used for retail packaging. Each type of shrink wrap has different properties. For detailed properties of each, see the table below.
|Features||Polyolefin Shrink Packaging||PVC Shrink Packaging|
|Material composition||Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyester, etc.||Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)|
|Fragility||Resistant to impact, less prone to breakage||Prone to breaking and cracking|
|Transparency||Usually semi-transparent or opaque||Can be completely transparent or semi-transparent|
|Eco-friendliness||Non-toxic, non-hazardous||Contains environmental pollutants, not very eco-friendly|
|Cost||Relatively low||Relatively high|
|Usage||Suitable for food, medicine, and cosmetics industries||Suitable for industrial raw material packaging|
|Processing difficulty||Easy to process, can be done manually or mechanically||More difficult to process, requires specialized equipment|
|Pre-heating behavior||Wrinkles before heating||Soft and quiet before heating|
|Shrink temperature||Low shrink temperatures below 300 degrees Fahrenheit||Higher shrink temperature exceeding 300 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Food contact approval||Not approved for direct food contact||Approved for direct food contact|
POF shrink film and polyolefin shrink film are a new type of packaging material with excellent air tightness, wear resistance, transparency, shrinkage rate, and strength, and are widely used in food, beverage, medical equipment, cosmetics, electronic products, daily necessities, toys and other fields of packaging.
The POF shrink film and polyolefin shrink film produced by us use polypropylene and polyethylene as raw materials respectively and are processed through special processes. These materials are non-toxic, tasteless, environmentally friendly, easy to recycle, comply with international standards and requirements, and can be safely used for direct contact with food packaging.
1. High transparency: POF and polyolefin shrink films have high transparency that can display the appearance and quality of the product, enhancing brand image.
2. High shrinkage rate: POF and polyolefin shrink films can quickly shrink during heating, tightly wrapping the surface of the product, preventing pollution, damage, and external interference.
3. Good wear resistance: POF and polyolefin shrink films have smooth and flat surfaces, not easily scratched or damaged, protecting the integrity and stability of the product.
4. Safe and environmental protection: POF and polyolefin shrink films are non-toxic, tasteless, environmentally friendly, easy to recycle, and comply with international standards and requirements. They can safely contact food.
5. High strength: POF and polyolefin shrink films have sufficient tensile strength and stability, and can adapt to different sizes and shapes of product packaging needs.
6. High-temperature resistance: POF and polyolefin shrink films have excellent high-temperature resistance, and can withstand high-temperature heating without deformation or deterioration.
Our POF shrink film and polyolefin shrink film can be classified according to different characteristics and application fields.
1. Single-layer POF shrink film: made of polypropylene material, with high transparency, wear resistance, and shrinkage rate. It is widely used in food, beverage, cosmetics, daily necessities and other industries for packaging.
2. Double-layer POF shrink film: made of two layers of polypropylene material, with higher strength and stability, suitable for large or heavy-duty item packaging.
3. Polyethylene shrink film: made of polyethylene material, with better tear-resistance and durability. It is widely used in the industrial field.
4. Heat shrink packaging machine: These machines use heat shrink technology to tightly wrap POF or polyethylene film around the product surface, forming a sturdy protective layer.
5. Pre-made shrink bag: Pre-made POF or polyethylene bags are used for quick product packaging, usually used in food, stationery, medical equipment, and other industries.
The HS Code for POF shrink film can vary slightly between different countries, based on various factors such as the thickness of the film, composition, and intended use. Here are some examples of POF shrink film HS codes for a few different countries:
United States: 3920.62.00
United Kingdom: 3920.62.00
European Union: 3920.62.00
It's important to note that these HS codes are subject to change, and it's recommended to confirm the specific HS code with the customs authority of the importing or exporting country before conducting any international trade.
POF or polyolefin shrink film is an extremely durable and versatile material. Polyolefin materials are available with many different characteristics. One of these characteristics is the cross-linked feature which provides high-tensile strength (tensile strength is the measurement of the force needed to break the wrap).
POF shrink film has many advantages, including:
- High clarity and gloss: POF shrink film provides excellent clarity and gloss, making packaged products more attractive.
- Excellent shrinkage properties: POF shrink film has excellent shrinkage properties, allowing it to tightly conform to the shape of the packaged product and providing superior protection.
- Good puncture resistance: POF shrink film has good puncture resistance, protecting the packaged product from damage during transit or storage.
- Low-temperature sealing: Low-temperature POF shrink film can be sealed at lower temperatures than other types of shrink films, reducing energy costs and extending the life of heat-sealing equipment.
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly: POF shrink film is non-toxic and does not contain harmful substances. It is also recyclable, making it an eco-friendly choice.
POF shrink film is made from polyolefin resins, while PVC shrink film is made from polyvinyl chloride resin. The key differences between these two types of shrink films include:
- Environmental impact: POF shrink film is considered to be more environmentally friendly than PVC shrink film, as POF is a recyclable material and does not release toxic fumes when heated.
- Shrinkage rate: POF shrink film has a higher shrinkage rate than PVC shrink film, which means it can better conform to the shape of the packaged product.
- Clarity: POF shrink film has better clarity and gloss than PVC shrink film, making packaged products more attractive.
- Cost: POF shrink film is generally more expensive than PVC shrink film.
POF shrink film is suitable for packaging a wide range of products, including food, beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, electronic products, and other consumer goods. It is commonly used to package items such as CDs, DVDs, books, games, and software.
Heat shrink packaging machines are required to use POF shrink film. These machines apply heat to the film, causing it to shrink and conform to the shape of the packaged product.
Yes, POF shrink film is considered safe for packaging food and other consumer products. It is non-toxic and does not release harmful substances when heated.
Yes, POF shrink film is recyclable and can be recycled along with other plastic materials. It is important to check with local recycling facilities for specific instructions on how to properly recycle this material.
Yes, POF shrink film can be printed on using various printing methods, such as flexographic printing or gravure printing. This allows for customization and branding opportunities for packaged products.